The Microplane Elite Box Grater features five popular blade styles: fine, coarse, ribbon, ultra coarse and a slicer blade. The ergonomic design has a non-slip handle and rubberized base for stability and ease of grating. The convenient slide-out catch plate holds grated foods and the measuring feature helps you monitor the volume. Perfect for the chef at home! Features original USA made Microplane stainless steel blades.
Use a Box Grater for: Bigger projects, where you need to shred a lot of vegetables, or cheese. Also use for a recipe that requires, multiple tools, for instance, zucchini bread, where you need shredded zucchini, and zest. Since this tool has a measuring cup enclosed, it is nice to use when you need to measure, but don't want to wash another dish. Box graters are very versatile since they have multiple blades - one Box grater does the work of 5 individual paddles or handheld graters.
Features 5 popular Microplane blade styles:
- Fine - combined with the coarse blade on the back panel, the fine blade makes quick work of parmesan cheese, zesting, and grinding hard spices.
- Coarse - combined with the fine blade on the back panel, the coarse blade can be used to grate hard cheese, carrots, chocolate, and coconut.
- Ribbon - Located on a side panel, use a ribbon blade for efficiency. It is a bi-directional blade so it cuts pushing or pulling. Recommended for soft cheeses, and fruits and vegetables.
- Ultra Coarse - Largest panel on front for grating larger vegetables like potatoes, cabbage, apples.
Large Shaver – Located on the side panel, use when you need small slices of items like parmesan, ginger, chocolate, and truffles.
- Versatile 5-in-1 grating tool
- Fine, coarse, ribbon, ultra coarse and shaver blades
- Catch and measure up to 2 1/2 cups with removable bottom; windows on sides to see what's grated
- Non-slip hand grip and rubber feet provides comfort and leverage
- Blades made in the USA are sharp and made of stainless steel